As with every year, we will have some staff changes at Riverview. I am excited about the educational skills and positive energy this group of professionals will bring to Riverview!
- Kate Carr is back as our Art Teacher
- Amber Main and Stephanie Hoar will be our Severe Needs Special Education teachers
- Kristin Musgrave will be our Preschool teacher the first 3 months as Emily Hurley is on leave with her new baby
- Casey Herman will be our Social Emotional Support Specialist; moving from an Instructional Paraeducator role
- Shannon Kartheiser is our new School Psychologist
- Ashley Howell is our new Social Worker
- Jim Baird joins our custodial team
- Anna Keil is moving from our SLS team to our Preschool team in an Instructional Paraeducator role.
- Kelly Clance is moving from our Preschool team to our SLS team in a Special Education Instructional Paraeducator role.
We also have a couple of staff who have moved on to other opportunities and experiences over the summer. Thank you to your incredible work with Riverview students over the years and best to you Kathy Tottis. Karen Finch, and Brad Finch.
We will conduct the first day of school as we did last year. You are welcome and encouraged to walk your child to class on the first day. The instructional school day begins at 7:55 a.m.; at that time, an announcement will invite parents to join together for coffee and donuts in the front courtyard (weather permitting). Thank you to the PTO for hosting this kick-off event! Parents of Kinder students will bring their child directly to the cafeteria on their first day. We will go through a few things with you before teachers walk the kids down to their first day of class.
Please be aware of the following important fall events:
- ‘Meet Your Teacher’ - Friday, August 17 from 8-9 a.m.
- First Day of School - Monday, August 20 – This is a full day. Early Release Mondays begin August 27th with dismissal time of 1:30 pm!
- New Parent Welcome Breakfast – Tuesday, Sept 11 @ 8am – 8:30.
- 1st PTO Meeting – Wednesday, Sept 12 @ 6pm – Topic: Fun Run
- Riverview All Community Night (Open House) - Thursday, Sept 20
5:15 – 5:30 – All Parent meeting in Gym
5:30 – 6:15 – Visit Classrooms
6:15 - 7:00 - Ice Cream Social
- Fun Run – Friday, Oct 5.
- Fall Conferences – Thursday, Oct 26 - 3-6p and Friday, Oct 27 8-3:30
- For a more detailed look at the school year, please go to www.DurangoSchools.org and follow the ‘Academic Calendar’ link at the bottom of the page.
Once again, we are all excited about the upcoming school year at Riverview and can’t wait to see you and your children energizing the halls come August 20th.
Doug and Joe