Reading Rocks is going on until May 23rd! This is a community wide effort to get kids and families reading and developing a habit and love for reading. Students can earn free books and get to celebrate their culminating minutes with their class. Here are our Learning Targets for this exciting event:
- I can develop a reading habit
- I can increase the time I spend reading
- I can explore new genres of books
- I can give book recommendations to other students
The Scholastic Book Fair is happening this week in the Library. Hours are:
- Monday - Friday 11:15-1:40, 2:45 - 4:00
- Thursday 7:40-7:55
Reading Under the Stars
This year we will be doing an evening of Reading Under the Stars on May 18th from 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Bring a blanket and lots of books to read and enjoy with your kids under the stars (we may not be able to see all the stars at 7:00 but they are there…..we promise!).
Better World Day (BWD)
BWD is coming up this Friday, May 6th. This is a day where schools across the country celebrate service for others, community, and student work. Riverview Crews have been doing various service projects and will share and celebrate that work on May 13th with a gallery walk outside of school from 2:30-3:30. Come see what your student and hundreds of others from the Riverview community have been doing to make our world better!
FIfth Grade Happenings
The following dates are for 5th Grade students and families:
- 5/9 - 5th graders will visit Miller Middle School 9-10:30 a.m.
- 5/12 - Miller Family Fun Night 5-7 p.m. Future Miller Angels and families invited
- 5/26 - Family Talent Show Performance at 5:30 pm at Riverview
- 6/2 - Last day of school/ Celebration of 5th graders. At 2:40 p.m. 5th graders will be recognized individually and run through the tunnel of all RVE students (this will take place on the field). There will be more information and details coming from our 5th Grade team. We encourage families to come and cheer on the 5th Graders!!
Field Day- June 1st- Look for more information soon!
Graduation will take place on the last day of school from 8:15-9:00 with a reception to follow. More information will be forthcoming from our amazing Kindergarten teachers.